March 3, 2004 - Volume 4, Issue 1 of the FirstClass Newsletter has been sent to Subscribers and is available for others on the FirstClass website at: http://www.firstclass.com/newsletters/AdminNewsletter/
This issue contains the following:
- Using gateways to connect school districts
- The contact management feature (FirstClass 8.0)
- Frequently asked questions
- Why is our FirstClass server getting blacklisted and how do I resolve this problem?
- What is the difference between relative and absolute links? Can you change one link into another?
- How can I customize the default error pages (such as Error 404 -- Page Not Found) that Internet Services serves to web users?
- Tech tip
- Top ten reasons why FirstClass documents are better than Microsoft Word documents
- Backup strategy for Mac OS X 10.2.6 or later
The first round of MyDoom has slowed down, but there is a MyDoom.F still around. To see the FirstClass support document for this virus go to http://www.firstclass.com/support/supportcommentary/is/tn-novargs for a description and a list of file types and names to add to your Groups forms or rules.AttachmentBlock file.
Another new virus just showing up is a variant of Beagle. For more info about this one go to: http://firstname.lastname@example.org
Here's an additional site with information to help you understand the PERL regexp specification of the rules.MailRules document (see the orginal FCNews posting at http://www.acornus.com/currentnews/013104.html).
FCNews Service © 2004 Acorn MicroSolutions Inc.
FirstClass logos and original content © 2004 Open Text Corporation